At Pharmacy (4-year) (Hons) from University of Birmingham you will be taught the science underpinning the use of medicines, including the physiology and anatomy of the human body, the effect of medicines on the human body, and how medicines are designed. Alongside this, you will be trained in clinical communications, problem solving, and decision making to ensure you have the skills to enjoy a rewarding career in pharmacy, and contribute to patient care.
Though most qualified pharmacists go on to work in healthcare settings, mainly community pharmacies and hospitals, there’s a wide range of career opportunities you could consider in, for example, the pharmaceutical industry, academia, government and regulatory bodies, and healthcare informatics.
- The Professional Pharmacist
- Basic Life Support
- Health, Disease and Therapeutics
- Chemistry for Pharmacists
- Professional Experience Placements
- Science of Medicines
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Pharmacy Health Sciences View 969 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Chemistry and at least one further science at A level from Biology, Mathematics or Physics. Grade B/6 in Maths GCSE
- A Levels
- BTEC Diploma in science related subject will be considered in addition to 2 A levels including Chemistry
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in science related subject will be considered in addition to 2 A levels including Chemistry
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: A minimum of 32 points overall including grades 6, 6, 5 at Higher Level
- Irish Leaving Certificate - Six subjects at Higher Level
- Scottish qualifications - Chemistry and one further science from Biology, Maths or Physics at Advanced Higher Grade BB plus Higher AABBB
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: A minimum of 32 points overall including grades 6, 6, 5 at Higher Level, including Chemistry plus one from Biology, Physics or Maths plus three further subjects at Standard Level.
- English Proficiency
International24600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.