Physiotherapy (Hons) from University of Birmingham is based in the world-leading School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences. You will study at a research-intensive university (member of the Russell Group) that offers teaching excellence and a long tradition of physiotherapy education.
Our graduates are eligible to apply for registration as a physiotherapist with the Health and Care Professions Council and full membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. This registration provides the basis to work as a physiotherapist in the National Health Service, Social Services or the private sector. It also eases the process of registration to practice in other countries (e.g. Australia).
As a graduate from our distinctive 4-year MSci Physiotherapy programme, you will have a degree that helps you stand out in the jobs market with transferable skills in communication, critical thinking and problems solving, data analysis and interpretation, and working alongside other disciplines/professions (teamwork).
- Clinical Physiotherapy Skills
- Long-Term Conditions & Rehabilitation (Community)
- Musculo-Skeletal Rehabilitation (Clinic)
- Developing as a Researcher
- Preparation for Physiotherapy Practice
- Acute Care & Rehabilitation (Hospital)
- Data Science & Statistical Analyses
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 969 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: AAB
- Required subjects and grades: A level Biology/Human Biology or PE at grade A.
A total of seven GCSEs; required subjects will be:
- English Language at grade 6/B or higher.
- Mathematics (or one, but not both, of Methods in Mathematics and Applications of Mathematics) at grade 7/A or higher
- Biology and Chemistry or dual award science at grade 6/B or higher
The remainder of the GCSEs should be at grade 5/C or higher.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall. Higher level subjects need to include the required subjects as defined for the A-level qualification, where applicable.
- BTEC Extended Diploma accepted in Sport & Exercise Science, Health Science, Health & Social Care and Applied Science. Grades required - D*D*D* with distinctions in all units. BTEC Extended Diplomas in other subjects will require an additional A level in Biology or PE at grade A.
International24600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.