The Sustainable Coastal Management study programme from Novia University of Applied Sciences, that is one of the few Bachelor Programmes in Europe focusing on Coastal issues, prepares students for working with issues that actually matters. After completing the programme the students will in particular be able to:
- Analyse environmental challenges and find constructive solutions to multifaceted environmental problems.
- Understand human-nature interactions in the context of natural resource management.
- Conduct planning with the help of Geographic Information Systems.
- Recognize the potential of the Bioeconomy sector, with particular focus on how new innovation can both contribute to solving environmental challenges and enhance the economy.
During the first year our students make a career plan for themselves that serves as the basis for designing the individual curriculum and preparing them for their career ventures.
The market for future professionals is growing with increasing career opportunities for coastal planners, consultants, project leaders, GIS-planners, sustainability or environmental coordinators in the private sector, environmental officers or environmental inspectors in the public sector, both in Finland and internationally.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Coastal Ecology
- Fisheries Resource Management
- Sustainable Coastal Management
- Monitoring of Aquatic Bodies
- Water and Sewage Management
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Waste Management
- Management Systems
- Conservation Biology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Sustainable Development View 6 other Bachelors in Sustainable Development in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Submit your application online
- Upload attachments
- Wait for your invitation e-mail to the entrance examination
- Prepare for the entrance examinations that will be held in Finland and/or online.
- Wait for the decision on student admission to be published in studyinfo.fi.
- Please notice that you can only accept one study place per semester in Finland even if you are offered multiple study places. Accepting a study place is binding and cannot be changed.
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ekenäs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.