On the Chemical Engineering (Hons) programme from the University of Birmingham, you can challenge yourself as you gain the theoretical knowledge and learn the practical skills needed for a successful career in chemical engineering.
- Process engineer
- Design engineer
- Analytical scientist
- Formulation engineer
- Production engineer
- Patent attorney
- Project manager
- Investment banker
- Computing for Chemical Engineers
- Mass, Heat and Momentum Transport
- Process Integration and Unit Operations
- Process Systems and Principles of Process Control
- Product Design Exercise
- Reactors, Catalysis and Thermodynamics
- Sustainable Process Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry General Engineering & Technology View 1150 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Number of A levels required:
Required subjects and grades:
- A level Mathematics and Chemistry required.
- General Studies, Critical Thinking and Use of Maths A Levels are not accepted.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- 6,6,6 at Higher Level including Mathematics and Chemistry at Higher Level grade 6 with a minimum of 32 points overall. We will consider Standard Level Mathematics grade 7.
- Only considered when combined with other qualifications.
International25860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.