In the Electrical and Railway Engineering (Hons) programme from the University of Birmingham, you will obtain a thorough Electrical Engineering education alongside a specific focus on the railway industry. Unique in the UK, this programme ensures that upon graduation you will have the skills and knowledge to benefit from the excellent career prospects in an industry experiencing significant growth.
- Design engineer
- Electrical power engineer
- Client engagement
- Lead software engineer
- Automotive reader manager
- Electrical engineer
- Project control engineer
- Digital Electronics and Electrical Machines s
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electronic Circuits and Devices and Electromagnetics
- Microprocessors and Control Systems
- Railway Traction
- Railway Infrastructure Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Automotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 394 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Birmingham and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: AAB
- Required subjects and grades: A level Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma 6,6,5 at Higher Level to include Mathematics with a minimum of 32 points overall.
- BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered for BEng programmes providing there is sufficient Mathematics content and applicant satisfactorily completes our Mathematics aptitude test. Grades: BEng; D*D*D* plus Distinction in mathematics and further mathematics.
- BTEC Diploma considered in combination with A Level. Grades: BEng; D*D* plus B. If the A level taken is not in Mathematics, then the BTEC Diploma must include Maths and Further Maths units, and the applicant must satisfactorily complete our Mathematics aptitude test.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma considered in combination with 2 A Levels
International25860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.