The Civil Engineering (Hons) programme from the University of Birmingham is designed to give you as many opportunities as possible to tackle problems by applying taught materials in design exercises. These interdisciplinary design projects thread through our degree programmes, increasing in complexity as the course continues.
Students at Civil Engineering (Hons) from University of Birmingham will:
- develop designs for technologies with impact in the world.
- solve problems creatively,
- be actively involved in developing the specific design and professional skills required by civil engineers
- tackle numerous design problems to develop your analytical, technical and decision-making abilities.
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mathematics
- Fluid Mechanics and Energy Transfer
- Integrated Design Project
- Computing for Engineers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 455 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: AAB
Required subjects and grades: A level Mathematics.
International Baccalaureate Diploma: 6,6,5 at Higher Level to include Mathematics with a minimum of 32 points overall.
BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered for BEng programmes providing there is sufficient Mathematics content and applicant satisfactorily completes our Mathematics aptitude test. Grades: MEng not considered unless A level Maths also taken.
- BTEC Diploma considered in combination with A Level. Grades: BEng; D*D* plus B. If the A level taken is not in Mathematics, then the BTEC Diploma must include Maths and Further Maths units, and the applicant must satisfactorily complete our Mathematics aptitude test.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma considered in combination with 2 A Levels Grades: BEng; D*plus A B.
International25860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.