In this context, they focus closely on helping you develop excellent intercultural understanding, the power of persuasion, empathy, and skills for deep-listening, problem solving and cross-systems thinking. They also offer a series of modules focused on routes into employment, not only in the language industries but right across professional life.
The International Relations and French (Hons) graduates from Aston University, are in demand from a wide range of employers, with former Aston students now working at companies such as Bloomberg LP, Deutsche Bank and Apple, as well as for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and in schools, colleges and universities across the UK and overseas.
Recent graduates have gone on to work in roles including Analyst, EFL Teacher, International Sales Coordinator, HR Coordinator, Languages Teacher, Operations Support Analyst, Senior Project Manager and Translator.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts and Methods of International Relations
- European Union
- French Language Skills
- Language and Communication
- The Making of the Modern World
- What's Trending (Current Affairs in Politics and International Relations)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies International Relations Languages View 1397 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BBC (standard offer)
- BCC (with EPQ or Core Maths minimum grade B)
- CCC (contextual offer*)
- This course is available at beginners level (ab initio), therefore students do not need to have an A Level in French. Students with an A Level in French will be able to study the advanced version of this course.
- 29 points overall with grades 5, 5, 4 in 3 higher level subjects.
- Standard level Maths and English grade 5 required in lieu of GCSE English and Maths grade C/4.
- GCSE Maths – grade C/4
- GCSE English Language or English Literature – grade C/4
International15950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15950 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- UK students During placement year: £ 1,250
- International/EU students During placement year:£2,500
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.