You’ll benefit from practical, hands-on experience, learning from visiting designer practitioners, working on live projects, and ensuring your products are technically and commercially feasible, while also being environmentally responsible. We’ll support you to develop an underpinning skillset of engineering principles and technology and work with you to ensure you’re prepared for whatever future you have in mind, whether that’s in-house design or setting up your own business.
To achieve this and ensure you develop a range of industry-ready skills, we run multidisciplinary modules where designers and engineers work in collaboration to solve real challenges.
This Product Design and Technology (Hons) programme from Aston University is a revised and updated version of our Industrial Product Design course, offering a combination of solid academic study with hands-on individual and team project work.
Our graduates can demonstrate creative design skills alongside sound technical knowledge and experience, a pairing employers consider to be an advantage.
The kinds of roles our graduates go on to include: design engineers, CAD specialists and general management, education and administration. Alternatively, our graduates may choose to go on to further study.
Companies that our recent graduates have joined include: Laing, Goodrich, Husio International, The Eden Project, Sainsbury’s, Rolls Royce and Calsonic Kansei.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering and Design
- Prototyping & Development
- Design Fundamentals
- Engineering Principles
- Engineering Practice
- Design and Engineering for the User
- Design Studio
- Digital Design Skills
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Graphic Design View 560 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
BBC to include a science or technical subject.
BCC to include a science or technical subject (with an EPQ or Core Maths at Grade B)
- CCC to include a science or technical subject (contextual offers and for DTUS applicants)
- IB: 29 overall points with 5, 5, 4 in Higher Level subjects including a science or technical subject at Level 5.
- Extended Diploma and National Extended Diploma (science/ technical/engineering types): DDM
- National Diploma and Diploma (science/ technical/ engineering types): DM plus 1 A-level at minimum Grade B.
- Foundation or 90 credits Diploma (science/ technical/ engineering types): DM plus 2 A-level minimum grade B.
- Foundation or 90 credits Diploma (any subject): DD plus 2 A-level minimum grade B including a science or technical subject.
- National Extended Certificate or Subsidiary Diploma (science/ technical/ engineering types): M plus 2 A-levels at minimum Grade B.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19800 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK students During placement year: £1,250
- International/EU students During placement year: £2,500
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.