History and Theology (Hons) from University of Birmingham provides an intellectually challenging environment to nurture your enthusiastic appreciation of the past and spirituality.
Our knowledge covers a wide range of historical periods (antiquity, medieval, early modern, modern and contemporary), geographical contexts (Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America) and religious ideologies, which encourages you to question some of the myths, preconceptions and prejudices in the interplay of history and theology.
Students at History and Theology (Hons) from University of Birmingham will:
- develop an informed appreciation of the religious and historical contexts surrounding pressing contemporary issues,
- engage critically with historical and theological debates and identify how they influence each other.
- Skills in History
- Approaches in History
- Discovering the Middle Ages
- The Making of the Modern World 1500-1800
- Living in the Middle Ages
- The Making of the Contemporary World: Modern History c.1800 to the Present
- War and Society
- United States History 1865-2000 (20)
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 21 other Bachelors in Christian Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: ABB
- Required subjects and grades: A Level History, Medieval History, Ancient History or Early Modern History
- IB Diploma: 6,5,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall including HL History, Medieval History, Ancient History or Early Modern History.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM, plus an A at A-level in the required subject/s mentioned above.
- BTEC Diploma: DD, plus an A at A-level in the required subject/s mentioned above.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D, plus AB at A-level, including an A in the required A-level subject/s mentioned above.
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20760 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.