At Classical Literature and Civilisation and Philosophy (Hons) from University of Birmingham you will study alongside some of the finest minds in both fields. Times Higher Education ranked the Department of Philosophy 2nd in the country for its performance in the latest Research Excellence Framework exercise, with 83% of its research rated as 'world leading' or 'internationally excellent'.
Students at Classical Literature and Civilisation and Philosophy (Hons) from University of Birmingham will:
- acquire philosophical skills to engage critically with some of the deepest and most difficult questions human beings have ever been asked.
- have access to world-class Philosophy talent in fields as diverse as Metaphysics, Philosophy of Psychiatry, Epistemology, Ethics, Philosophy of Religion and Philosophy of Mind.
- The Greek World
- The Roman World
- Classics in the 20th and 21st Centuries
- Problems of Philosophy
- The Philosopher's Toolkit
- Moral and Political Philosophy
- Reasons to Believe
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics Literature View 753 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: ABB
- Required subjects and grades: ABB
- IB Diploma: 6,5,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall.
- BTEC qualifications
- English Proficiency
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20760 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.