At Archaeology and Ancient History and History (Hons) from University of Birmingham you will be taught by ancient historians specialising in the period, archaeologists whose expertise covers north-west Europe, Classical Greek and Roman societies, early medieval states in Europe and the Mediterranean and historians whose interests are global in cultural, social, diplomatic, military, political, economic or religious history.
Students at Archaeology and Ancient History and History (Hons) from University of Birmingham will:
- explore the ancient civilisations of Egypt, Western Asia, Greece and Rome, the prehistoric and historic societies of Europe and Britain though to the Middle Ages, and then follow events around the world almost to the present day.
- have the chance to study unfamiliar territory and to question some of the myths, preconceptions and prejudices that surround the three disciplines.
- build a rounded picture of the life and culture of these societies.
- Practising History: Skills in History
- Discovering the Middle Ages
- The Making of the Modern World 1500-1800
- The Making of the Contemporary World: Modern History c.1800 to the Present
- The History of Africa and its Diaspora
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchaeology History Ancient History View 196 other Bachelors in Archaeology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Number of A levels required: 3
- Typical offer: ABB
- Required subjects and grades: A Level History, Medieval History or Ancient History at grade A
- IB Diploma: 6,5,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall.
- BTEC qualifications
- English Proficiency
International20760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20760 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.