As an anthropologist however, you will also become sensitive to the assumptions and beliefs that underlie behaviour in a range of social and cultural contexts, and this will give you a critical edge.
In your Anthropology and Classical Literature and Civilisation (Hons) degree course at University of Birmingham, you will have the opportunity to study the classical civilisations of Greece and Rome, and also the cultures of Egypt, Ancient Western Asia and the Byzantine Empire. You will work with the plays, poems and speeches that have come down to us from antiquity, and study the monument, religion and mythology that make up classical civilisation.
As a Social Anthropology and Classical Literature and Civilisation student you will have an excellent opportunity to develop skills that are highly prized by employers.
It has the advantage of being a distinctive degree that really helps you to stand out from the crowd. You will have an excellent opportunity to develop skills that are attractive to employers, including:
- Strong communication skills;
- The ability to research, analyse and interpret complex information;
- Leadership and teamwork;
- Handling complex information;
- The ability to form concise and articulate arguments;
- Managing your time and prioritising your workload
- Studying Societies (Anthropology)
- Anthropology and its Regions
- Thinking Anthropologically
- Anthropology of Africa
- The Greek World
- The Roman World
- Classics in the 20th and 21st Centuries
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology History Literature View 800 other Bachelors in Literature in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Number of A levels required:
- 6,5,5 in Higher level subjects plus 32 points overall.
- BTEC Extended Diploma: DDD.
- BTEC Diploma: DD, plus B at A-level.
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma: D, plus AB at A-level.
- Distinction overall with B in the Core Component; all subjects considered.
International21780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21780 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.