Subsequently students proceed to the specific study of medical laboratory disciplines of their own choice: Anatomic Pathology, Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Medical Microbiology, Parasitology, Physiology and Pharmacology.
Students of the Biomedical Science programme of the University of Malaya will learn the principles underlying the various analytical methods and investigatory procedures used in laboratory medicine, and obtain practical training to consolidate theoretical instruction. In addition, instruction is provided on research methodologies as students will be carrying out research projects of their own design during final year.
Successful graduates in Biomedical Science should be able to assume responsible positions in the following situations:
(1) as part of a healthcare team that is concerned with the care of patients and/or with basic and applied clinical research;
Example: 1. Medical Lab Scientist
2. Research Officer
3. Science Officer
4. Research Assistant
5. Insurance Company Underwriter
(2) as part of a research team in allied medical disciplines, in food and pharmaceutical industries, in public health, and in biotechnology.
Example: 1. Product Specialist in medical-related industries
2. QC Analyst
3. Medical Representative
4. Personal Healthcare Advisor
5. Biomedical Technologist
Career opportunities are wide ranging and include employment in clinical laboratory service departments, teaching institutions, and research centres in public as well as private sectors. Post-graduate training is strongly encouraged, either within the country or abroad, all towards attaining the goal of heightening the quality of science and medicine
- Basic Anatomy
- Biochemistry for Biomedical Science
- Fundamental Cell Biology and Genetics
- Laboratory Mathematics for Biomedical Science
- Essential Medical Microbiology for Biomedical Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Health Sciences View 21 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Obtained a National Higher School Certificate at the level of GCE A - Level or its equivalent with a minimum of one (1) grade
- A and two (2) grade B (ABB) in three (3) of these following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics
- Obtained ONE of the English Language Proficiency qualifications
- Satisfactory outcome in an interview
International7092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3546 USD per semester during 48 months.
National4704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2352 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.