This Ocean Sciences (Hons) degree from University of Liverpool is based on the same multidisciplinary approach as the three-year (F700) programme. In year four we go on to provide you with higher-level skills and knowledge required to work in a research or commercial environment and address the biggest challenges in ocean science. There is a strong emphasis on numerical skills, hands-on laboratory and fieldwork, and independent study.
The first three years follow BSc (Hons) degree programmes offered in ocean sciences, developing a strong, multidisciplinary foundation of knowledge and skills. Semester one of year four is focused on broadening your knowledge of ocean research, strengthening data analysis skills, writing and reviewing research ideas, and discussing current research issues in ocean science.
With the environmental challenges facing the planet, there has never been a better time to study programmes in the ocean sciences: to understand the drivers of climate change, how the oceans are responding to our warming climate, why and where sea level is rising, and how these changes are affecting ecosystems on land and in the ocean. Our degree programmes are designed to provide you with the skills to tackle these global environmental challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate, Atmosphere and Oceans
- Marine Ecosystems: Diversity, Processes and Threats
- Essential Mathematical Skills
- Study Skills (ocean Sciences)
- Theory and Laboratory Experiments in Earth Surface Processes
- Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies Environmental Sciences View 92 other Bachelors in Marine Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Liverpool and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A level requirements: AAB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: Including two sciences. Acceptable sciences: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Geography, Applied Science, Environmental Science, Psychology.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: Not accepted. Applicants should apply for F700
- International Baccalaureate: 35 points including grade 5 at Higher Level in two science subject (see subject specific requirements), no score below 4.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H1, H1, H2, H2, H2, H3 including H2 or above in two sciences
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.