By taking the Mechatronics and Robotic Systems (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool you will also take modules in mathematics, computer programming in C and information technology. The second year builds on this knowledge with lecture modules covering topics such as dynamic systems, engineering structures, digital electronics, microprocessor systems and control systems.
Project work will develop your ability in teamwork, leadership and independent problem solving.
In the final year you will take core modules covering the fundamentals of mechatronics and robotic systems. This includes modules covering topics such as embedded computer systems, drives and industrial robotics. With the optional modules of your own choice, you can develop your skills in a particular area in which you are interested. The final year includes an individual project.
Our degrees have excellent career prospects: 90% of graduates go on to graduate level jobs. Graduate employers include Siemens, BAE Systems, BT and Guardian Media Group. Careers are many and varied and include Design Engineer, Systems Engineer, Medical Physicist, Postdoctoral Research Scientist and Radio Frequency Scientist. Some of our graduates go on to work in the industrial sector, in government and in education, whilst others enter non-technical professions such as banking, accountancy, management and law.
- ARM Holdings Ltd
- British Nuclear Group
- Deva Electronic Controls
- Energetix Group PLC
- Ericsson Ltd
- Heap and Partners Ltd
- Logica CMG
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital & Integrated Electronics Design
- Electrical Circuits and Systems
- Electronic Circuits
- Experimental Skills
- Programming in C
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mechatronics Robotics View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: ABB
- Subject requirements: A level Mathematics and a science subject (Chemistry, Computer Science, Further Mathematics, Physics or Electronics).
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: D*D in a relevant BTEC considered alongside grade B in A Level Mathematics.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*D*D in a relevant Diploma, including Distinction in 'Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians' unit. Students will also be required to take an online Mathematics assessment, please contact the University for further information.
- International Baccalaureate: 33 overall, including 5 in Higher Level Mathematics and 5 in a Higher Level science subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.