You will discover how individuals, populations and communities respond to environmental drivers such as temperature and food availability, as well as to the challenges presented by a changing climate and human interaction. You will also gain the varied skills necessary to examine the marine environment and relay your findings to audiences from the general public through to government bodies.
You will study the interaction between the biology of marine organisms, the composition and properties of seawater and the physical processes operating in the oceans. Marine Biology with Oceanography (Hons) programme is offered at University of Liverpool .
Our graduates have a diverse range of careers in the following areas which include: the media, environmental consultancy, administration, academia, teaching, local and national government and international banking. Examples of recent graduate careers in the sector include: fisheries observers, surveyor, seabird research assistant, turtle conservation field leader, field assistant on mammal surveys, rangers and conducting environmental surveys for construction work. Many choose to continue their studies at master’s or PhD level on topics such as fish assemblages in mangroves, marine ecosystem responses to climate change and carbon sequestration in soils.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Climate, Atmosphere and Oceans
- Laboratory and Field Techniques for Ecologists
- Marine Biology: Life in the Seas and Oceans
- Marine Ecosystems: Diversity, Processes and Threats
- Essential Mathematical Skills
- Study Skills (ocean Sciences)
- Ecology and Conservation
- Environmental Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarine Studies Environmental Sciences View 92 other Bachelors in Marine Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: ABB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: Including Biology and one other science. Acceptable sciences: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Geography, Applied Science (Double Award), Environmental Science/Studies*, Economics, Computer Science.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*DD in relevant diploma
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points including 5 at Higher Level in Biology and one other science, no score below 4.
- Irish Leaving Certificate: H1, H2, H2, H2, H3, H3 including H2 or above in Biology and a second science
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.