This Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Year in Industry (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool leads more directly to Chartered Engineer status and it is the choice programme for a career in engineering management.
The first two years of the MEng and BEng programmes are identical and there is some flexibility to allow switching between programmes, although a higher academic performance is expected for the MEng. In the third year you will study core modules including analogue and digital communications, embedded computer architecture and total quality management. In the final year the core modules are advanced signal processing, information theory and coding, management of design and management of product development.
Our degrees have excellent career prospects: 90% of graduates go on to graduate level jobs. Graduate employers include Siemens, BAE Systems, BT and Guardian Media Group. Careers are many and varied and include Design Engineer, Systems Engineer, Medical Physicist, Postdoctoral Research Scientist and Radio Frequency Scientist. Some of our graduates go on to work in the industrial sector, in government and in education, whilst others enter non-technical professions such as banking, accountancy, management and law.
- ARM Holdings Ltd
- British Nuclear Group
- Deva Electronic Controls
- Energetix Group PLC
- Ericsson Ltd
- Heap and Partners Ltd
- Logica CMG
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital & Integrated Electronics Design
- Electrical Circuits and Systems
- Electromagnetism & Electromechanics
- Electronic Circuits
- Engineering Skills
- Programming in C
- Mathematics A for Electrical Engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 404 other Bachelors in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: AAB
- Subject requirements: A level Mathematics and a science subject (Chemistry, Computer Science, Further Mathematics, Physics or Electronics).
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma: Distinction* in BTEC (any subject) plus AB in A Levels.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: D*D* in a relevant BTEC considered alongside grade B in A Level Mathematics.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*D*D* and grade B in A Level Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate: 35 overall, including 5 in Higher Level Mathematics and 5 in a Higher Level science subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22650 GBP per year during 60 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.