However, you are also not limited to a career in engineering, with many employers actively seeking engineers for their mixture of numerical ability and practical problem solving skills. One day per week is timetabled for practical work in our well-equipped modern laboratories during the first two years. In the final year you will choose from a wide range of projects that is either linked to research work or has some industrial relevance.
In the first year of the Electrical and Electronic Engineering with a Year in Industry (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool , subjects covered range from digital electronics and electronics circuits through to electromagnetism and electromechanics. A similar range of modules are covered in the second year. In the final year you will be able to choose a specialisation from ‘electrical engineering’, ‘electrical and electronic engineering’, ‘electronic engineering’, or ‘electronic and communication engineering’. ‘
Electrical engineering’ is not simply about producing and transmitting electrical energy, it is also about how it is used. In both its transmission and usage there are significant and increasing challenges facing electrical engineers; many of these are related to sustainability and the environment.
Our degrees have excellent career prospects: 90% of graduates go on to graduate level jobs. Graduate employers include Siemens, BAE Systems, BT and Guardian Media Group. Careers are many and varied and include Design Engineer, Systems Engineer, Medical Physicist, Postdoctoral Research Scientist and Radio Frequency Scientist. Some of our graduates go on to work in the industrial sector, in government and in education, whilst others enter non-technical professions such as banking, accountancy, management and law.
- ARM Holdings Ltd
- British Nuclear Group
- Deva Electronic Controls
- Energetix Group PLC
- Ericsson Ltd
- Heap and Partners Ltd
- Logica CMG
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital & Integrated Electronics Design
- Electrical Circuits and Systems
- Electromagnetism & Electromechanics
- Electronic Circuits
- Engineering Skills
- Programming in C
- Mathematics for Electrical Engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 395 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: ABB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: A level Mathematics and a science subject (Chemistry, Computer Science, Further Mathematics, Physics or Electronics).
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma: Distinction in BTEC (any subject) plus AB in A Levels.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*D*D in a relevant Diploma, including Distinction in 'Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians' unit. Students will also be required to take an online Mathematics assessment, please contact the University for further information.
- International Baccalaureate: 35 overall, including 5 in Higher Level Mathematics and 5 in a Higher Level science subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22650 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.