This is not a programme in itself but acts as a springboard onto other Life Science degrees. This deferred choice programme means that you have the ﬂexibility and freedom to switch to your chosen degree after completing the foundation year (Year Zero).
As a graduate of the Biological Sciences (Hons) (with a Foundation Year) programme from University of Liverpool , you will have an excellent set of career options ahead of you. For those committed to a career as a professional scientist, higher degrees (MBiolSci, MSc, MRes, MPhil or PhD) at the University of Liverpool or elsewhere provide a flexible set of options for further study.
In the public sector, Life Sciences graduates are in demand in research institutes, government departments, the National Health Service, forensic science and the Environment Agency. Commercial sectors that actively recruit graduates from the Life Sciences include the pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology, water and agriculture industries.
There is also an increasing demand for life scientists to contribute to the public understanding of science as journalists and information/liaison officers, in view of the ethical and environmental issues that arise, for example, by developments in molecular biology and biotechnology.
A number of routes are available for graduates to enter the teaching profession one of which is taking a postgraduate qualification (PGCE). There are significant financial inducements provided to meet the current demand for science teachers. In addition to all of the opportunities for graduates in general, including careers outside of biology (such as management, accountancy and human resources), where the skills you have obtained in our degree programmes will be of considerable benefit. Our degree programmes are also popular routes to postgraduate Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Teaching and Learning:
- You will experience a range of learning environments during your studies at Liverpool.
- These will include student-centred activities as well as lectures, tutorials, laboratory practicals, dissection classes, fieldwork, data handling sessions and computer workshops.
- Some of these activities will be performed individually, such as personal research projects, and others in small tutorial or project groups, in addition to formal lectures and workshops.
- You will have research staff as well as your own academic adviser for individual tuition on our acclaimed tutorial programme.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 316 other Bachelors in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: A typical offer is likely to be CDD at A level, in related subjects. Students with alternative A level combinations are welcome to apply but should expect to be made higher offers.
- We are unable to consider applications from applicants who require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.