You can choose to maintain a mixture of modules throughout your Computer Science (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool or follow a specialist’s pathway in artificial intelligence, algorithms and optimisation or data science.
The first two years cover a range of compulsory modules including: Programming, Computer systems, Databases, Software engineering, Algorithmic foundations, Complexity of algorithms and decision and Computation and language. You then choose from a selection of modules representing the cutting-edge of computer science today.
These cover topics such as Biocomputation, Introduction to Computational Game Theory and Complex Social Networks, amongst others. This degree includes a second year group software project and an honours year individual project.
Computer science graduates are among the highest-earners globally: there is a huge demand from industry for computer programmers, data scientists, artificial intelligence researchers, systems analysts, software engineers, technical consultants and web developers. In 2016, six out of the 10 best performing global companies had a focus on information technology.
Over 90% of Liverpool’s computer science graduates go onto well-paid graduate jobs and careers such as: computer programmer; software developer; systems analyst; software engineer; technical consultant; web designer.
- BAE Systems
- Guardian Media Group
- Royal Bank of Scotland
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analytic Techniques for Computer Science
- Computer Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Designing Systems for the Digital Society
- Foundations of Computer Science
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Object-oriented Programming
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Computer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 112 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: AAB including Maths or Computer Science (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: At least one of the following subjects must be studied at A Level: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Computing.
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma: Acceptable at grade Distinction (any subject) alongside AB at A level. A Levels must include one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Computing or Computer Science.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma: Distinction Distinction in BTEC considered alongside A Level grade B. A Level must include one of the following subjects: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Computing or Computer Science
- International Baccalaureate: 35 overall including 5 in Higher Level Mathematics or Computer Science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.