Should you decide sometime in the first two years that you wish to specialise, you can transfer to a number of programmes in the School of Life Sciences, subject to meeting the appropriate pre-requisites for your chosen programme.
A progressive series of field, laboratory and lecture modules cover most aspects of the Biological Sciences, with students able to select topics to match their interests. Modules are selected from more than 50 options offered within the School of Life Sciences.
In Year Three, field courses in Zoology and Ecology are available. You will also undertake a research project that you will choose from one of the various parts of the School to complement the lecture programme chosen for your Honours year. Each project gives an invaluable opportunity to see what real scientific research is like and to work alongside staff who are international authorities in their fields.
As a Life Sciences graduate from the University of Liverpool , you will have an excellent set of career options ahead of you. For those committed to a career as a professional scientist, higher degrees (MBiolSci, MSc, MRes, MPhil or PhD) at the University of Liverpool or elsewhere provide a flexible set of options for further study.
In the public sector, graduates of the Biological Sciences (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool are in demand in research institutes, government departments, the National Health Service, forensic science and the Environment Agency. Commercial sectors that actively recruit graduates from the Life Sciences include the pharmaceutical, food, biotechnology, water and agriculture industries.
There is also an increasing demand for life scientists to contribute to the public understanding of science as journalists and information/liaison officers, in view of the ethical and environmental issues that arise, for example, by developments in molecular biology and biotechnology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecules and Cells
- Grand Challenges in Biology
- Experimental Skills in Current Biology
- Quantitative Skills for the Life Sciences
- Communication and Study Skills for the Life Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Health Administration Health Sciences View 895 other Bachelors in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: Typical A level offer ABB (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: Biology and a second science, preferably Chemistry, at A level
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*DD in Applied Science with a selection of preferred units in Biology and Chemistry, to include Distinction in Units 1 and 5 (Principles and Applications of Science I and II).
- BTEC Applied Science unit requirements: Download our BTEC Applied Science unit requirements for School of Life Sciences document for more information.
- International Baccalaureate: 33 points, including 6 in Higher Level Biology, and 5 in another Higher Level Subject
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
- United Kingdom
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.