Each year contains core modules in the history and theory of architecture; building structures and construction; and approaches to design. Environmental issues are considered at every level of study and you will also have an opportunity to learn about practice management. These knowledge modules will be combined with studio design, which accounts for 50% of your credits in each year.
The Architecture (Hons) programme from University of Liverpool is a first step into the profession, into which many of our graduates go. The programme is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and the Architects Registration Board (ARB), and the degree constitutes Part I of the education, which eventually leads to professional registration. Our graduates who want to pursue a career in architecture are able to apply for the MArch programme, which provides the RIBA accredited Part II.
But the programme is also an ideal preparation for further study and hugely valuable in a whole range of other careers. As well as major international architects, recent graduates have gone on to work in publishing, the Arts Council, the construction industry, and multidisciplinary think tanks. Pop music, games design and the fashion industry have recruited recent graduates too, as has property development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Context 1.1: History of Architecture
- Context 1.2 Architecture and the Built Environment
- Environmental Design
- Studio 1.1: Design Communication
- Studio 1.2: Design
- Studio 1.3: Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 454 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level requirements: Typical offer AAA. We will consider applicants with lower grades, subject to a strong portfolio submission or Selection Day attendance. There are no specific subject requirements but you will be required to submit an art-based portfolio. GCSE Maths and English at Grade C/4 is required. (this is the typical entry requirement) for this course.
- Subject requirements: No specific subjects required. You will be required to submit an art-based portfolio or attend a Selection Day. GCSE Maths and English grade C/4
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma: D and Grade AA at A-Level
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: DDD
- International Baccalaureate: 36 points with no score less than 4.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.