By choosing to study in the MEng Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering (Hons) from Loughborough University you will gain a thorough understanding of electronic design, electronic fabrication, analogue and digital electronics, computer architecture and design, embedded system design, plus much more.
What's the difference between MEng and BEng?
The MEng Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering degree is aimed at the most ambitious of students who wish to develop high-flying careers within different industrial sectors and to become the future leaders of industry in companies concerned with the design, development and application of electronic and computing systems. The MEng course is the preferred route to achieving Chartered Engineer status.
The structure of the first two years are common between the BEng and MEng and provide you with engineering and electrical science core skills, combined with computer systems, programming modules and engineering management. The application of engineering and electrical science shared with the solution of industrial problems is a strong theme throughout the courses.
The MEng structure is distinct from the BEng course in the third and fourth academic years, providing enhanced opportunities to study your chosen specialist subjects in depth. In addition, MEng students follow extra modules in business management, application of management theory, and design and microprocessor control systems.
The MEng courses allow high calibre students to develop their understanding of the role of electronic and computer systems engineering in the industrial context, over and beyond that of the BEng courses.
Your future career
Our courses are industry led and are designed to give you the skills and knowledge required to have a successful career upon completion.
For those aspiring to achieve Chartered Engineer status and beyond with our accrediting institutions, we actively encourage membership as the starting point.
Recent graduate destinations include ARM, BAE Systems, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, Jaguar Land Rover, Quanta Fluid Systems, Rolls-Royce and Telesoft Technologies, in roles such as a Software Engineer, an Electronics Engineer and a System Tech Engineer.
The MEng (Hons) Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering degree is fully accredited by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), licensed by the UK Engineering Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Programming and Software Design
- Electronic Circuits
- Core Mathematics 1
- Electrical Science A
- Digital Systems
- Embedded Systems Programming
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology Computer Sciences View 872 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-Level: AAA including Maths and either Computing, Computer Science, Electronics, Engineering, Further Maths or Physics
- IB: 37 (6,6,6 HL) including HL Maths and either Computer Science or Physics at HL
- BTEC: BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma: D*D*D* in a relevant subject plus A Level Maths at grade A. Grade Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Engineering plus Grades AA from two A Levels. Grades Distinction Distinction in BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Engineering plus grades AA from 2 A Levels. A Level subjects: All offers include Maths and either Computing, Computer Science, Electronics, Engineering, Further Maths or Physics.
- Other: Practical Science required
- We accept a wide range of international qualifications such as the European Baccalaureate, French Baccalaureate, German Abitur, Hong Kong DSE, and Indian Standard XII among many others worldwide, alongside well-established International Foundation Programmes. For further information about acceptable qualifications visit our international webpages for more information.
International24650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24650 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.