So you're a professional athlete or member of support staff. All that matters is being the best, and you will sacrifice everything to get there. Good. Now, while you are busy being your best, come and get your degree and stay at the top for the rest of your career. The BA Business and Enterprise In Sport (Hons) from Edinburgh Napier University was designed specifically for you.
At the successful completion of this programme you will be able to:
- Understand the involvement of sport science in the development of athletes across different levels, i.e. junior, youth and elite.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of the application of key areas of: leadership; management; and financial and organisational processes; to both sport and enterprise.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, reflect upon and access opportunities for enterprise within the world of sport, and take advantage of experience, contacts and sporting profile to support enterprising endeavours more widely.
- Develop an extensive portfolio of work-based learning experiences aligned to individual career aspirations.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and to make use of a wide range of media and digital tools.
- The emphasis of the programme is to develop graduates with the skills to work within the world of sport effectively, for example with developing or elite athletes, agencies, performance directors and sporting organisations, dealing with funding, media and internationalisation. Graduates will also be able to pursue entrepreneurial opportunities to start-up businesses and social enterprises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional development and experiential learning
- Creativity, Innovation and Enterprise
- Business and Management Challenges
- Accounting for Business
- Stress, Performance and Behaviour
- Leadership and Funding in Sport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Sports Management Sports Sciences View 124 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Our entry requirements indicate the minimum qualifications with which we normally accept students. Competition for places varies from year to year and you aren't guaranteed a place if you meet the minimum qualifications.
- As the BA [Hons] Business and Enterprise in Sport is a fully online programme, you are not required to be resident within the UK, or to physically attend the university at any stage of the programme.
- The programme is offered for part-time study only, allowing you to study a maximum of two modules each trimester, and up to a maximum of 6 per academic year.
- Entry to this programme is conditional upon you having elite athlete or support staff status. You will be asked to provide a brief CV of your athlete/support staff achievements, indicating duration of career and performance ranking relative to National and International competition standards.
- We welcome applications from students studying a wide range of international qualifications
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4020 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4020 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4020 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.