The Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Hons) course at the Edinburgh Napier University balances the study of electronic and electrical engineering and focuses on the application of these skills to real-world engineering situations. Study is broad enough to allow entry to a variety of career paths in all areas of electronic and electrical engineering. Additionally, students can progress to postgraduate research in this or a related field.
In year one the course focuses on learning engineering principles and practices, as well as computing skills and principles of design, relating to a wide range of engineering disciplines.
You will then further develop your knowledge in the principles of the field and engineering management. You will implement practical solutions across a range of applied applications and develop your skills in lateral problem solving and innovative thinking.
In your final year you will work on your honours project as well as gaining enhanced skills in areas of analogue electronics, embedded systems and electrical machines and power systems.
Students gaining a degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering could gain employment in the following areas:
- Design engineering in electrical/electronic organisations
- Manufacturing process engineering
- Communications industry
- Electrical supply industry
- Engineering Analysts
- Building services engineering
- Production engineering and education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Skills
- Foundation Mathematics
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Engineering Practice
- Mathematical Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 1126 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Standard Entry Requirement
- BBBC including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*.
Minimum Offer Entry Requirement
- BCCC including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*.
- CCC including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*
Irish Leaving Certificate
- H2, H3, H3, H3 at HL including Maths and a Science (excluding Biology) or Technical Subject*
BTEC (QCF) Extended Diploma Level 3
- MMM (Merit, Merit, Merit) in a related subject.
BTEC (QCF) National Diploma Level 3 plus A Level
- MM (Merit, Merit) in a related subject plus A Level Grade C.
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Award of Diploma with 28 points overall with three HL subjects at grades 6, 5, 4
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16425 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16425 GBP per year during 48 months.
National1820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1820 GBP per year during 48 months.
- England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland: £9,250
- Overseas and EU: £16,425
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.