Improvisation during the Music (Jazz) with Foundation year (Hons) degree at Leeds ConservatoireImprovisation is the very essence of jazz, and away of life at Leeds Conservatoire. We provide auniquely supportive and collaborative space inwhich you can explore, experiment and createyour own unique sound.
A culture of collaborationYou'll play with jazz musicians from allbackgrounds, from raw talent to polished, andfrom progressive to purist. You'll also benefitfrom working alongside students from otherpathways, collaborating with producers, soundengineers, composers and entrepreneurs on yourown independent projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Specialist Study Foundation
- Specialist Group Study Foundation
- Aural and Theory
- Musicianship Skills
- Contextual Studies Foundation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 435 other Bachelors in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 64 UCAS tariff points from Level 3 studies or equivalent which normally include A Level Music or a BTEC Extended Diploma in a Music-related subject.
- A minimum of 3 GCSEs including English Language at Grade C / Grade 4 or above or equivalent international qualification, e.g. IELTS 6.0 (5.5 in each component).
- Other Entry Requirements: Applicants are expected to demonstrate at audition a playing/singing standard of Grade 6 (commensurate with ABRSM, London College of Music, Trinity College, Rock School (as appropriate for the pathway)).
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.