Course requirements with an asterisk (*) have associated details listed in the Academic Calendar; consult the program entry for details. It is your responsibility to ensure you are informed about all supplemental information related to courses, as they apply to your program, including prerequisites.
In addition to the listed courses, you must satisfy all requirements for the Faculty of Science, as well as complete at least 30 of the minimum 60 required units at UVic. Within these 60 units, 21units must be upper-level (300/400-level) courses, and 18 of those 21 units must be taken at UVic. The Physics and Ocean Sciences (Ocean-Atmosphere Sciences) program is offered at University of Victoria, British Columbia.
- Oceans and Atmosphere
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Physical Oceanography
- Fluid Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Earth Sciences Environmental Sciences View 73 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply to the Faculty of Science as a high school student or a transfer student from another post-secondary institution.
- You can declare this program as your major after one or more years of full-time study.
- Twelve years of academic preparation and graduation from a recognized senior secondary school or completion of a recognized diploma program.
- Applicants must satisfy the minimum admission requirements for international students.
- University entrance examinations offered in the home country may also be required.
- Senior-level math course
- Two senior-level science courses
- You must demonstrate English language proficiency to attend UVic. Your transcripts are enough to prove proficiency if you've studied full-time in an academic program at the high school or post-secondary level within Canada for at least four years, and all of your instruction was in English.
International25860 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25860 CAD per year during 48 months.
National5810 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5810 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Victoria
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.