The Business Economics with Marketing and Geography (Hons) from University of Dundee focuses on three areas. Business Economics focuses on economic concepts, theories, and principles. Learn how these are applied to various business activities inside businesses or organisations and across the wider business world.
You’ll develop a strong understanding of the role of marketing in today’s multi-channel environment and how marketing fits into a wider organisational context. In order to become an effective marketer, and be able to allocate resources and tap into growth opportunities, you need to understand all economic factors relating to target markets, particularly around emerging markets.
In Geography you study both social and physical sciences to analyse and understand major challenges facing the world. You will develop creative skills in problem solving, presentation, and communication. Our flexible Geography degrees allow you to specialise in human geography or physical geography, or to combine elements of both. In addition you can study other social science or humanities subjects.
You will also have the opportunity to go on field trips, and to work with partner organisations to help them solve problems that they are currently facing.
You will cover specialisms within these themes including:
- health and well being
- city futures
- geopolitics and power
- tourism and globalisation
- policing and security
- hazards and risk
We have our own teaching spaces, laboratory, field equipment, and specialist software like GIS (Geographic Information Systems) to support your learning.
A range of business-related careers will be open to you, in marketing, finance, administration, statistics, sales, logistics, and human resources.
Your interest and qualification in Geography will also open up many doors for you. Geography itself is a very flexible degree and many graduates do go onto work in business.
Careers exist in environmental conservation, and graduates have gone onto work with organisations such as the National Trust, Scottish Natural Heritage, National Parks, local Government.
- Foundations of Economic Analysis
- Global Economic Perspectives
- Dynamic Human Worlds: Society, Culture, Economy
- Business Strategy
- Geographical Information Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Geography Marketing View 423 other Bachelors in Geography in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Advanced Diploma: Grade B with ASL-A Level at B (level 1) Grade A with ASL-A Level at A (level 2)
- BTEC: A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDM (level 1) A relevant BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma with DDD (level 2)
- European Baccalaureate: 70% overall (level 1) 75% overall (level 2)
- GCE-A Level: Standard: BBB Widening access: BCC (level 1) BBB (level 2)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: 30 points (level 1) 34 points (level 2)
- Scottish Baccalaureate: Pass with CC at Advanced Higher (level 1) Distinction with AB (level 2)
- SQA Higher/Advanced Higher: Standard: AABB at Higher / Widening access: BBBB at Higher (level 1) AB at Advanced Higher and BB at Higher (level 2)
- SQA Higher National: A relevant HNC with B in the Graded Unit (level 1) A relevant HND with BB in the Graded Units (level 2)
- Scottish Wider Access Programme (SWAP): Relevant subjects with ABB grades
- Welsh Baccalaureate: A-Levels at BB (level 1) A Levels at AA (level 2)
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.