From shipbroking, and the transport of goods, to salvage rights and piracy, 90% of world trade is carried by sea. Our BSc (Hons) Maritime Business with Foundation Year course at the University of Plymouth has established a strong reputation within the industry and is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport. We have an exciting active alumni network through the Plymouth Nautical Degree Association (PYNDA), where you’ll meet other students and graduates in the maritime field and make useful contacts.
Our graduates have found opportunities around the world, including as shipbrokers, port managers, ship managers, supply chain managers, vessel operators to name but a few.
- Our foundation year is specifically designed to introduce and develop essential skills for success in higher education, including critical thinking and research skills, and the knowledge and understanding of key facets of business and the maritime sector.
- Benefit from the strong reputation our course has around the world for the quality of our students. When you graduate you'll be sought after and ready for work or further study in your chosen maritime area.
- Our optional placement year and integrated CV building options throughout the course prepares you for graduate success.
- Get ahead with a course that’s accredited by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport. The University also has links with many other professional bodies including the Nautical Institute, the Institute of Export, the International Association of Maritime Economists, Sea Vision UK and the International Association of Maritime Universities.
- See things from different perspectives – the wide ranging experience of the international shipping and logistics staff and the nature of the subject attracts a plethora of international students. This creates plenty of opportunity for networking and knowledge sharing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The World of Economics and Finance
Business Research Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Marine Engineering View 34 other Bachelors in Marine Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
- BTEC: 18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: Pass PPP-MMP in any subject.
- BTEC National Diploma modules
- International Baccalaureate: 24-25 overall to include 4 at any subject at Higher Level. English and Maths accepted within: Higher Level = 4, Standard Level = 5.
- IELTS: If overseas and not studying English within IB – Must have IELTS: 6.0 overall with 5.5 in all elements.
- New Irish Highers: From 2017 32-80 points.
- Access courses: Pass Access Course (any subject) plus GCSE English and Maths grade C / 4 or above or equivalent.
- City and Guilds Level 3: We will accept with a minimum of Merit overall alongside a good GCSE profile, including English and Maths grade C / 4.
- Cyprus Apolytirion: 15/20 to 16/20 overall to include a pass in Maths and IELTS: 6.0 overall with 5.5 in all elements.
- GCSE’s or equivalent: Maths and English at Grade C/4 or City and Guilds; Key Skills Level 2 will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.