Successful completion of the foundation year will enable you to progress onto the first year of our computing degrees.
At this BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Foundation Year degree at the University of Plymouth , you will study core skills from computer programming to web development. You’ll develop the skills and knowledge to progress to a future career in areas from business analytics to software development. You will also benefit from experienced University lecturers and can confidently progress to any of our suite of computing BSc degree courses.
The foundation year is an integral part of the extended degree and you will benefit from experienced university lecturers. Whilst completion of the foundation year will not lead to a separate award or qualification in its own right, you will be able to confidently progress to programmes within our suite of courses.
- Progress, subject to achieving the relevant technical skills, to the first year of BSc (Hons) Computer Science, BSc (Hons) Computing and Software Development, BSc (Hons) Cyber Security or BSc (Hons) Games Development Technologies.
- Study core skills from computer programming to web development.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to progress to a future career in areas from business analytics to software development.
- Benefit from experienced lecturers and confidently progress to one of our degree courses.
- Taught on campus by University lecturers and feel part of the University from the start.
- The foundation year is an integral part of the extended degree. Completion of the foundation year will not lead to a separate award or qualification its own right but will provide access to Year 1 of your degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Mathematics for Computing
Data Mining and Algorithms
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 981 other Bachelors in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
32 - 48Applicants exceeding our entry requirements may be eligible for an offer under our Computing Excellence Scheme.A minimum of 2 A levels. Excluding general studies.18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma: PPP12 Unit BTEC National Certificate/QCF Diploma: MP
- BTEC National Diploma modules
If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC.
- All Access courses: pass Access course (any subject) including GCSE English and mathematics grade C/4 or above or equivalent.
- International Baccalaureate: 24 overall – English and mathematics must be included.
- GCSE: mathematics and English at grade C/4 or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Fees, costs and funding - to be confirmed.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.