Acquire the skills to become an effective manager, while learning about management in the context of economics, marketing, entrepreneurship, sustainability, ethics, corporate social responsibility and globalisation. You also get the chance to put theory into practice with an optional placement year.
The BSc (Hons) Business Management with Foundation Year programme at the University of Plymouth starts with a foundation year 0, specifically designed to introduce and develop essential skills for success in higher education, including critical thinking and research skills, and the knowledge and understanding of key facets of business, accounting and economics.
- The foundation year is an integral part of the extended degree and you will benefit from experienced university lecturers. Whilst completion of the foundation year will not lead to a separate award or qualification in its own right, you will be able to confidently progress to programmes within our suite of courses in Plymouth Business School.
- We recognise that our students are unique, coming from all over the world, with different backgrounds and interests. We believe that your degree should be as unique as you are, and that you should have the flexibility to tailor your degree to your interests. Study the topics you are interested in and graduate with a specialist business management degree of your choice.
- We appreciate that students learn in different ways. As such you will be challenged through both practical and theoretically derived assessments. You will apply knowledge to real business contexts and undertake tasks related to real world practice.
- Boost your employability with paid, real-world experience during an optional work placement year and apply your learning to real world scenarios through live consultancy projects with local, national and international businesses.
- Learn within a supportive environment where you’ll be mentored by a community of experienced academics.
Careers with this subject:
Graduates follow careers in a wide range of sectors including investment and finance, technology, health, utilities, manufacturing, media, and in management roles including: human resources, marketing, operations, supply chain and procurement, and project management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Begin to develop your research skills, knowledge and understanding. Undertake independent research into an area of study that interests you. Successful completion of the foundation year ensures progression to year 1.
- Gain a solid understanding of management in a business and enterprise context. Learn about the ethical and sustainability issues of businesses from a global perspective, while developing your understanding of leadership, marketing and the digital economy.
- Develop employability skills further by focusing on the practical techniques for managing people, operations, resources and projects.
- Put theory into practice with an optional placement year. Supported by a dedicated team, you undertake a paid position within a public or private sector organisation relevant to your interests.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesProject Management Innovation Management Strategic Management View 148 other Bachelors in Project Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS tariff
- 18 Unit BTEC National Diploma/QCF Extended Diploma
PPP-MMP in any subject.
- BTEC National Diploma modules: If you hold a BTEC qualification it is vital that you provide our Admissions team with details of the exact modules you have studied as part of the BTEC.
- International Baccalaureate: 24-25 overall to include 4 at any subject at Higher Level. English and Maths accepted within: Higher Level = 4, Standard Level = 5.
- Pass access course (any subject) plus GCSE English and Maths grade C / 4 or above or equivalent
- New Irish Highers: From 2017 32-80 points
- City and Guilds Level 3: We will accept with a minimum of Merit overall alongside a good GCSE profile, including English and Maths grade C / 4
- GCSE’s or equivalent: Maths and English at Grade C/4 or City and Guilds; Key Skills Level 2 will be considered on an individual basis
- Cyprus Apolytirion: 15/20 to 16/20 overall to include a pass in Maths and IELTS: 6.0 overall with 5.5 in all elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.