The BA Fine Art – Computational Arts (Hons) at the University of the Arts London (UAL) opens up a reflexive understanding of time and space as generated from avant-garde moving image practices to begin to innovate from a creative digital perspective. The course begins by testing and questioning the potential and impact of emerging technologies on visual culture and their societal implications.
What to expect
- You will explore human computer interaction, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Engage with debates around digital citizenship, ‘the cyborg’ and big data in order to articulate and contextualise your practice in an ethical, relevant and sustainable way
- You will draw upon creative computing technologies and discourses to develop a fine art practice that explores the understanding of time and space
- Your time to be divided between the fine art studios and the Creative Computing Institute (CCI), with some of your technical teaching taking place within the CCI
- Structured activities to expand your awareness of the digital possibilities for fine art as an expanded field of practice
- Practical skills-enhancing workshops that will introduce you to the principles of creative coding
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Creative coding and practice
- Computational ideas into practice
- Activating practice
- Working for a context
- Collaborative and collective practices
- Machine learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Fine Arts View 115 other Bachelors in Fine Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are one or a combination of the following qualifications:
- Pass at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Level 3 or 4)
- 2 A Levels at grade C or above
- Merit, Pass, Pass (MPP) at BTEC Extended Diploma
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Or equivalent EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Diploma at 24 points minimum
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23610 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.