- The B.S.C. Media Arts and Studies—Media Arts Production from Ohio University's students go on to careers as both freelance and corporately-employed professionals in the communication, media and entertainment industries throughout the US and abroad. While pursuing a media degree, students are also actively involved in the liberal arts curriculum found at Ohio University. Coursework in the fine arts, humanities, social sciences, technology, and cultural and communication sciences are all part of this liberal arts foundation that is critical to the success of today’s media professionals. In addition to media production, every one of our students learns media history, media theory, and media business concepts that will allow them to succeed in the modern media world.
- Students have opportunities to focus in one of five emphasis areas: Media and Social Change; Games and Animation; Music Production and Recording Industry or Media Arts Production. Our broad-based curriculum enhances long-term success, which is reflected by our school’s mission statement: the School of Media Arts and Studies prepares well-rounded and proactive individuals to think critically, act creatively and practice ethically in a global media society.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- By using scripts, sound, moving image, and interactivity to create stories through music, games, animation, video, and social media our students learn the pre-production, production, and post-production processes, while continuing to hone the skills needed to analyze the media they are creating. Alumni of the Media Arts and Studies program work in a variety of media industries. They create, analyze, and oversee media for education, entertainment, activism, journalism, or public relations purposes in the corporate, nonprofit, and entrepreneurial media industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Evolution of Media
- Media Analysis and Criticism
- Electronic Media Analysis/Criticism
- Media and the Digital Divide
- Technology, Communication, and Culture
- Aesthetics in Digital Media
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 209 other Bachelors in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission consideration into the School of Media Arts and Studies, all applicants should meet or exceed the following minimum qualifications:
- Class Rank: Top 40%
- Test Scores: ACT composite score of 23 or SAT 1 Combined math and verbal score of 1060
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Academic records from every institution you have attended, with a certified or attested translation if the original document is not in English.
- Evidence of sufficient funding to support your educational and living expenses for a 9-month period.
- Statement of activities
- Official proof of English proficiency, if available. TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo exams should be taken within the last 12 months.
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.