- The BFA Dance Tutorial Major from Ohio University, offered through Honors Tutorial College's students work within the rigorous, daily studio coursework in performance and choreography offered by the School of Dance, supplemented by tutorials with faculty members, research and creative activity, internships, and other student-centered learning opportunities. The program facilitiates relationships between students and accomplished dance scholars, artists, and professionals.
- While the BFA in HTC Dance Studies emphasizes performance and choreography, the BA enables students to pursue an individually designed course of study in dance history/theory, dance writing/criticism, interdisciplinary dance studies, dance ethnography, dance pedagogy, dance wellness and somatic study, or related fields.
- It is a four-year program in which students take a tutorial course each semester along with foreign language, supporting courses in related areas of study, and a full range of dance studies courses, from technique and composition to dance history.
Opportunities Upon Graduation
- Our graduates have excelled in dance-related careers as professional dancers, choreographers, dance writers/editors, teachers in private and public schools, college/university teachers, arts administrators, and dance/movement therapists. They have pursued graduate study in dance, dance therapy, performance studies, education, anthropology, and related fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Dance Tutorial
- Modern Dance Technique
- Dance Production
- History, Traditions and Languages of Dance
- African Dance Technique
- Dance Ethnography: Intellectualizing the Body’s Motion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Art History Theatre & Dance View 2071 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission into the Honors Tutorial College is highly competitive. Students are selected by the director of HTC dance studies and the Honors Tutorial College on the basis of superior ability and sustained motivation. HTC applicants should ideally be in the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class. The HTC application deadline is November 15th.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Academic records from every institution you have attended, with a certified or attested translation if the original document is not in English.
- Evidence of sufficient funding to support your educational and living expenses for a 9-month period.
- Statement of activities
- Official proof of English proficiency, if available. TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo exams should be taken within the last 12 months.
GCSE or IGCSE Curricula
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
International Baccalaureate Curriculum
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.