- The primary purpose of the B.Sc. Biological Sciences Major from Ohio University, offered through Honors Tutorial College is to serve as preparation for graduate or professional study. Students will receive the degree of Bachelor of Science from the Honors Tutorial College.
Tutorials and Honors Thesis
- Students are required to complete six tutorials on topics related to biological and biomedical sciences in their first three years. A typical tutorial will meet on a weekly basis for a minimum of one hour and be combined with lab and/or field work. The student and the tutor will discuss seminal as well as current publications, discuss problems and solutions, debate, and offer critical analysis. The tutor continuously evaluates the progress of the student. A final grade is made based on many facets of evaluation available to the tutor: written assignments, written exams, oral exams, discussions, presentations by the student, field work, etc. Each student will receive letter grades for the tutorial, and tutors complete semester based tutorial descriptions and evaluations of each student’s tutorial work.
- Zoology Tutorial
- Biological Sciences I: Molecules and Cells
- Biological Sciences I Laboratory
- General Genetics
- Biological Chemistry
- Human Physiology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 2052 other Bachelors in Chemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students are selected by the director of studies of the biological sciences tutorial program and the Honors Tutorial College on the basis of superior ability and sustained motivation.
- An interview with the director of studies is required for acceptance into our program. Submission of recommendation letters from two high school math and science teachers is strongly encouraged.
- Application form
- $70 international application processing fee
- Academic records from every institution you have attended, with a certified or attested translation if the original document is not in English.
- Evidence of sufficient funding to support your educational and living expenses for a 9-month period.
- Statement of activities
- Official proof of English proficiency, if available. TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo exams should be taken within the last 12 months.
- For students participating in the GCSE or IGCSE curricula, we generally expect to see at least 6 passes, graded C or higher. Students who are going on to complete GCE Advanced Subsidiary (AS-levels) and/or Advanced Levels (A-levels) may be awarded transfer credit for successfully completed exams.
International Baccalaureate Curriculum
- For students studying an International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, we generally expect an average of 5 out of 7 on your college-preparatory curriculum. IB Higher Level examinations may also be eligible for transfer credit.
International22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
National22406 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22406 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12612 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12612 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Athens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.