- When you graduate, you’ll be eligible to register and practise as a mental health nurse, as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements
- Choose to study at our Derby or Chesterfield Site, starting in September or March
- Gain essential practical experience on a range of placements in different health care and community settings
- Benefit from some of the best university facilities of their kind, including our clinical skills suite and our state-of-the-art immersive suite
- Learn from a highly experienced, enthusiastic and research-active team who provide full support to help you achieve your ambitions
- The Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provide students with a conditional job offer when you enrol on the course
- Two of our Mental Health students won the top prize for Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs at the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018, as a result of setting up the Nursing Society and due to being extremely engaged and committed to the established community.
On successful completion of this Nursing (Mental Health) (Hons) course from University of Derby , you’ll be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and go into practice as a qualified mental health nurse, as long as you meet the NMC’s requirements.
With a national shortage of nurses nationwide, you will discover a wide range of career opportunities. Many of our students have secured jobs before completing their studies and are increasingly offered positions in the early stages of their third year of training.
We offer full support to help you achieve your career goals, including guidance on applications, CVs and interview techniques. Employers from the NHS, private sector, army, navy and RAF are among the many organisations who attend our annual career fairs as part of their recruitment drives.
Our graduates go into a wide range of health and social care settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, community roles, the voluntary sector, prisons and the armed services, to name but a few. Many take up roles in settings where they gained experience on placement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Being an Accountable Professional in the Four Fields of Nursing (Shared)
- Assessing needs and planning care
- Future Nurse
- Practice Assessment (Mental Health)
- Negotiated Module
- Contemporary Issues in Public Health
- Developing Professional Knowledge and Values in Mental Health Nursing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 3 other Bachelors in Public Health in Austria
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBB-BBC
- BTEC DDM-DMM
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Sankt Pölten
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.