You will be introduced to the creative and technical aspects of game level design and creation, game play, technical computer animation, game programming and script programming, supported by appropriate contextual and technical theory to inform your practice. You will learn how to generate and develop ideas and solve technical problems. In the final year you will undertake an individual project and major production project in a studio environment designed to replicate real world and industry production processes. There will also be opportunities to work on projects for external clients.
In the second and third years you can develop your own areas of interest and expertise through a range of options. Between the second and third year you can also take a year out to study abroad at a partner university or to do a placement in industry.
The Game Design and Development (Hons) (with Sandwich Year) programme at the University of Bradford is designed for those students who want to learn to design, develop and programme computer games, using the most up to date industry standard technologies. Whilst we are not subject specific, the course typically attracts students with an interest in computer programming and scripting, animation, game play, artificial intelligence. We welcome students who have A level, BTEC or equivalent qualifications.
94% of our 2017 graduates in Animation, Games and Visual Effects found employment or went on to further study within six months of graduating.*
*These DLHE statistics are derived from annually published data by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA), based on those UK domiciled graduates who are available for employment or further study and whose destinations are known.
- Game Appreciation and Industry Analysis
- Script Programming and Technical Animation
- Game Design Programming and Development
- Storytelling, Narrative and Experience
- Advanced Game Technology and Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGraphic Design Video Games & Animation Software Engineering View 280 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer - 112 UCAS tariff points.
- We take into consideration a number of factors when assessing your application. It's not just about your grades; we take the time to understand your personal circumstances and make decisions based on your potential to thrive at university and beyond.
- A levels - There are no specific subject requirements.
- BTEC Extended Diploma - DMM - there are no specific subject requirements.
- Applicants on Access Programmes - Meet UCAS tariff of 112. There are no specific subject requirements.
- International Baccalaureate requirements - 112 UCAS tariff points to include at least 80 points from 2 HL subjects. Plus HL 3 or SL 4 in Maths and English Language and Literature A or English B.
- Plus minimum of GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C or 4 (equivalents accepted).
International22180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22180 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- Home: £9,250 (sandwich year: £925)
- International: £22,180 (sandwich year: £2,218)
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.