As demand for skilled sports therapists continues to grow, this new degree will help you develop high-level professional knowledge and skills so that you can go into practice after graduation.
- Choose a course recognised for its high academic quality: our BSc is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists
- Complete over 200 hours of clinical placements to gain hands-on experience of the profession and apply theory to practice
- Build a thorough understanding of the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy and sports massage
- Undertake fieldtrips to sporting events
- Make the most of our exceptional sports facilities in our specialist sports centre
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience working with elite athletes
This is a dynamic Sport Therapy and Rehbilitation with Industrial Year (Hons) course at the University of Derby which will set you apart as an industry-ready sports therapist and rehabilitator.
Fit to practice
As a sports therapist, you will take the lead in directing patients back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports-specific fitness. You’ll use sport and exercise principles to help boost performance, devise injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes, and provide assessments and treatments in recreational, training and competitive settings.
Offering a blend of science and practice, this course prepares you for the challenges of the role. You’ll gain a detailed understanding of the human body in terms of anatomy and movement. You’ll also cover all aspects of the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy, and sports massage.
After graduation, you’ll be equipped for a rewarding and challenging role in sports therapy and rehabilitation. Because our course is aligned to the professional guidelines set out by The Society of Sports Therapists, you’ll be fully prepared to operate as an injury and exercise-based rehabilitation and fitness specialist. You’ll also be capable of working in multi/inter-disciplinary healthcare teams.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Sport and Exercise
- Injury Biomechanics & Corrective Principles
- Manual Therapy
- Musculoskeletal Assessment: Peripheral
- Sports Specific Rehabilitation
- Sports Trauma Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 108 other Bachelors in Physiotherapy in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points: 128 (up to 16 from AS-levels)
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C/Grade 4 (or above) or equivalent qualification
- BTEC - DDM
- Access to HE Diploma 60 credits: 45 at level 3 with a minimum of Dist: 15 Merit: 24 Pass: 6
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- UK/EU Part-time fees: £1,155 per module
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.