Why you should study Architectural Technology at the Middlesex University?
Gaining first-hand experience of transforming conceptual designs and drawings into practical building projects, at the Architectural Technology Honours course offered at the Middlesex University, you’ll get to grips with the latest technologies, industry software and Building Information Modelling (BIM) techniques. Access to on-campus facilities will be dependent on any Covid-19 restrictions in place at the time.
You’ll also learn new methodologies, develop your creativity, collaboration, problem-solving, and communication skills, and have the chance to work on real-life projects – in the UK and abroad – to gain a broad understanding of the full project management process. Opportunities will be dependent on access arrangements taking into account any Covid-19 related restrictions at the time.
You’ll graduate with the skills to enter a diverse range of roles in both the private and public sectors of construction. Graduates have gone on to become BIM managers, lead designers, information managers, project managers and consultants – and some have even set up their own architectural design practices.
- This course prepares you to work in diverse positions in the construction sector, both public and private, as architectural technologists, architectural designers, architectural engineers, BIM modellers, BIM coordinators and site coordinators.
- Graduates may go on to become BIM managers, lead designers, information managers, project managers, consultants or set up their own architectural design practices.
- Career options also include work within architectural practices, construction organisations, housing associations, local authorities, legislation and building authorities, central and local government, with property developers, processing and manufacturing industries, research and academia, energy sectors, conservation, conversion, maintenance, management, new build, restoration, retrofit or re-use projects.
- Building Technology and Architecture Design
- Architectural Theory, History & Communication
- Structural Design, Building Pathology and Electro-Mechanical Engineering Services
- Engineering Skills Development, Ethics and Regulation
- Design Analysis & Sustainability
- Technical Specification, Surveying & Information Management
- Business Processes & Procurement Management
- Collaborative practices and Health & Safety Management
- Advanced Materials and Building Adaptation
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design Environmental Sciences View 272 other Bachelors in Architecture in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Levels: BBC-BBB including a C or above in a numerate subject
- BTEC: DMM-DDM in a numerate or science subject
- GCSE Grade 4/C in English and mathematics
- 112 UCAS points
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.