You'll explore challenging questions about the impact of political, social and cultural change on class, gender, race, injustice and power, and discover how historical and political understanding can illuminate the modern world.Overview
In the ancient city of Canterbury you'll meet history face-to-face and learn from world-leading academics who help to sharpen your skills of analysis, argument and communication.
You'll explore how human society works now, and how it has worked in the past. You'll discuss ideas such as freedom and democracy, and the factors that have shaped society and culture around the world over time. You'll graduate with the knowledge and the skills to play your part in tackling some of the world’s most important problems. The History and Politics (Hons) program is offered at University of Kent.
Our graduates find employment in a range of fields, such as:
- journalism and the media
- management and administration
- practical politics
- non-governmental organisations
- local and national civil services
- Early Medieval Europe
- Later Medieval Europe
- Victorian Britain: Politics, Society and Culture
- Revolutionary Europe 1700-1850
- War and Society in Europe c. 1779-1990
- A Global History of Empires: 1500-1850
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Political Science View 1082 other Bachelors in History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including History, Classics-Ancient History or Classics-Classical Civilisation grade B
- Access to HE Diploma: The University welcomes applications from Access to Higher Education Diploma candidates for consideration. A typical offer may require you to obtain a proportion of Level 3 credits in relevant subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Distinction, Distinction, Merit plus A Level History or Classics at Grade B
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.