- This Civil Engineering with Industrial Year (Hons) course from University of Derby is available to study with an industrial year or without an industrial year
- You'll work on real life projects and case studies and go on site visits and fieldtrips, so you'll be able to put your theory into practice and develop the knowledge and skills employers are looking for
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering is accredited by the Institution of Structural Engineers, the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation and the Institute of Highway Engineers on behalf of the Engineering Council for the purposes of fully meeting the academic requirement for registration as an Incorporated Engineer and partly meeting the academic requirement for registration as a Chartered Engineer. See here for further information
- You'll be taught by experienced civil engineering practitioners who are highly skilled in this field, and you'll study in our fantastic facilities at Markeaton Street
- Our STEM centre houses a range of equipment which you'll use throughout your studies, including a 10m flume, a state-of-the-art ground penetrating radar and a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) with survey and thermal imaging capabilities
When you graduate, you'll have lots of career opportunities in civil engineering in fields such as design, maintenance, asset management and construction. You could work in private companies which specialise in contracting or consulting, for local authorities, water companies, Network Rail or the Highways Agency, for example. Or you may choose to continue your studies by taking a postgraduate course, such as our MSc Civil Engineering and Construction Management degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mathematics
- Civil Engineering Construction and CAD
- Construction Materials Technology
- Structural Analysis Theory and Design
- Construction Organisation and Economics
- Site Surveying
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 112 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 112-120
- A Level BBB-BBC (At least a grade C in Maths or Physics)
- BTEC DDM-DMM. BTEC National Diploma/Extended Diploma in Engineering or Physics, including a minimum of a Merit in the Maths unit
- GCSE GCSE Maths and English Grade 4/Grade C (or above) or equivalent qualification
- Access to HE Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits: 45 at Level 3 with a minimum of Distinction: 15, Merit: 24, Pass: 6. Must include passes in compulsory Level 3 subjects
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14045 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
- We have a range of scholarships, bursaries and discounts available to international students. You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship and the International Excellent Student Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application. The £2,000 Postgraduate (PGT) Scholarship is awarded automatically to most (non-EU) overseas applicants, subject to eligibility.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.