On the MSci Sport and Exercise Science (Integrated Masters) at the University of Essex , you develop the same key skills as on our BSc Sport and Exercise Science. These skills include:
- How and why different energy systems are deployed at different exercise intensities
- Biomechanical principles behind acute and chronic sporting injuries, and how these can be applied to prevent injuries
- The role of ergogenic aids in improving athletic performance
- How physical activity and nutrition can reduce the risk of cardio-metabolic disease
- The design and implementation of psychological skills training programmes
The sport, fitness, health and leisure sectors are booming and provide a variety of careers for Sports and Exercise Science graduates.
Typical career destinations include sports performance, sports management and sports development, health care, teaching, the health and fitness industry and academic research. Our courses develop your skills in numeracy, information technology, communication and time management, which are important to all employers.
Our recent graduates have taken up a wide range of roles, including:
- Senior fitness instruction and personal training
- Coaches and performance analysts for football clubs including Southend United, West Ham United, Dagenham and Redbridge FC, and Derby County, and for rugby clubs including Colchester RFC
- Health and safety executive for HM Inspector of Health and Safety
- Essex netball development officer for England Netball
- Girls’ and women’s football development officer for a local council
- Health improvement facilitator for a primary care trust
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Skills and Development 1
- Principles of Nutrition and Metabolism
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sports and Exercise Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 496 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- GCSE: Mathematics and a Science subject at grade C/4
- A-levels: ABB, including one science subject or Mathematics (PE and Psychology count as science A-levels)
- BTEC: Entry requirements for students studying BTEC qualifications are dependent on subjects studied. Advice can be provided on an individual basis. The standard required is generally at Distinction level.
- IB: 32 points or three Higher Level certificates with 655, including Higher Level Science or Mathematics grade 5, or (if not taking HL Maths) Standard Level Mathematics/Maths Studies grade 4.
- We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Please note that Standard Level Maths in the IB is not required if you have already achieved GCSE Maths at grade C/4 or above or 4 in IB Middle Years Maths.
- Exact offer levels will vary depending on the range of subjects being taken at higher and standard level, and the course applied for.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17700 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.