Why choose this course?
- Gain clinical skills in our mock pharmacy and simulation suites
- Hospital, community and industry placements across all years
- Benefit from a peer to peer mentoring programme
- Excellent facilities including a simulated pharmacy and refurbished chemistry labs.
- Placement visits in all years of the programme
- Regular promotion of work experience opportunities as well as workshops preparing you for working as a pharmacist including interview techniques, NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence) evidence workshops, work placements, negotiating workplace politics, Q and A sessions for applying for pre-registration employment.
- Mentoring programme between students of all years
- Active Pharmacy Society
- Lecture series with bodies such as the Royal Pharmaceutical Society and the BPSA
- Summer Scholarships/Summer Research Projects with researchers from the University.
- Accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council
What's next for my career?
There are excellent employment and career prospects within Hertfordshire and the UK for graduates of the Pharmacy (Hons) programmme from University of Hertfordshire . A career in pharmacy offers graduates the pursuit of an interest in science, the opportunity to join the NHS healthcare team, a choice of working environments and a competitive salary.
Community pharmacists represent the largest body of the profession. There are over 12,000 community pharmacies in the UK. Community pharmacies may be located on the high street or in local or rural sites.
The new pharmacy contract enables pharmacists to develop their clinical skills and contribute to the public health agenda and management of long-term health conditions. Pharmacists are also developing new roles in prescribing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transition to Higher Education
- Drugs and Medicines
- The Patient
- The Pharmacist
- Preparing for Professional Practice
- Drug and Medicine Development
- Law, Ethics and Social Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Pharmacy Health Sciences View 480 other Bachelors in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- UCAS points 120-128
- A Level BBB-ABB: 3 A Levels to include Chemistry and one other Science (Biology, Physics or Mathematics). General Studies and Applied Science not accepted.
- BTEC DDM: Must be predicted the Extended Diploma in Applied Science. Applicants with Extended Diploma in Applied Science RQF without A-Level Chemistry will be accepted at tutor's discretion. Must also have Chemistry A level grade C or above (if QCF).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hatfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.