Lancaster University's Biomedicine (Hons) offers more flexibility than our IBMS-accredited BSc Biomedical Science by allowing you to tailor your degree to your personal and professional interests within the field of biomedicine.
You will study biochemistry, cell biology, genetics and physiology - which are at the heart of modern medical and health research. These subjects are taught with a particular emphasis on the molecules and mechanisms fundamental to life processes and how these are disrupted by disease.
In your first year, you will gain a through grounding in the general areas of biomedicine through the study of 15 wide-ranging core modules, including Biomedical Science in Practice, Infection and Immunity, and Protein Biochemistry.
In your second and third years, you will study a small number of core modules such as Medical Microbiology and Medical Genetics. You will then select your remaining modules from a wide range of options including: Cellular Pathology, DNA Technology, Clinical Immunology, and Tropical Diseases.
During your degree, you will conduct your own laboratory-based project and benefit from the research experience of our internationally renowned academics. You will also receive in-depth training in the key techniques associated with modern biomedical practice.
- Anatomy and Tissue Structure
- Biomedical Science in practice
- Biomedicine and Society
- Cell Structure and Function
- Diagnosis in Biomedical Science
- Design and Data Analysis
- Hormones and Development
- Impact of Microbes
- Infection and Immunity
- Molecules of Life
- Protein Biochemistry
- Skills in the Life Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 409 other Bachelors in Genetics in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level AAB
- Required Subjects A level Biology and one other science subject from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics
- GCSE Mathematics grade B or 5, English Language grade C or 4
- International Baccalaureate 35 points overall with 16 points from the best 3 Higher Level subjects including 6 in HL Biology and 6 in one further HL science subjects from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics
- BTEC Distinction, Distinction in Applied Science including sufficient Biology and Chemistry content
International25270 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25270 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.