About the Program
Lectures are taught by world-class faculty, and students have access to their professors in the lab. Together, they seek answers to questions about how humans think, learn, behave, and feel.
The Department has created a tiered undergraduate curriculum that ensures graduates have the skills and preparation needed to excel as leaders in their chosen fields. The Brain and Cognitive Sciences program of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) program begins with foundational courses in a broad range of subjects, including computer science and programming, neural computation, and probability and statistics. The second and third tiers allow for increased focus and deeper exploration through course offerings in areas such as cellular neurobiology, psycholinguistics, and genetic engineering.
Graduates of our program are superbly equipped for the next stage of their career, whether they plan to enter the field directly or pursue further education and training. The paths they choose are as varied as the interests that brought them to MIT. From medicine and computer science to K-12 education, robotics, artificial intelligence, and academia, BCS alumni can be found working in many different settings.
- Computer Science Programming in Python
- Computational Thinking and Data Science
- Psychological Science
- Neural Computation
- Statistics for Brain and Cognitive Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
180 MIT units
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience School Counselling View 266 other Bachelors in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Secondary School Report (SSR), including high school transcript
- For non-native English speakers, we strongly recommend providing the results of an English proficiency exam if you have been using English for fewer than 5 years or do not speak English at home or in school, so that we may consider that information alongside the rest of your application
- We do not have cut off or recommended scores for the ACT or SAT as scores are evaluated within an applicant’s context
International77020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77020 USD per year during 48 months.
National77020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 77020 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.