The Software Developer in Test Practicum program from the Canadian College of Technology and Business will equip you with the skills needed to enter a range of different roles including: software testing engineer, application architect, computer software engineer, software technical architect and software system integration engineer.
This program is tailored for individuals who are passionate about the technology industry and want to improve their skills to take on new opportunities.
Why Study This Program?
Studying this program will enable you to develop the knowledge and skills required to become an entry level software developer in test for both SMEs and large-scale organizations.
Students that prefer shorter program durations can take advantage of our practicum-based programs, where the practicum component represents only 20% of the overall program duration. While practicum placement is an unpaid opportunity, it still offers CCTB students with valuable experience in the field and a faster program completion and graduation time.
Upon completing this program, students will be able to perform test activities including designing, building and maintaining a cloud-based testing environment, writing intermediate object-oriented programs in Java and much more.
Completing the Software Developer in Test Program will provide you with skills that you can take into any number of different roles. Some roles you could consider pursuing after you finish the program include:
- Cloud administrator
- Software technical architect
- System quality assurance analyst
- Solutions architect
- Software systems designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Relational Database Design and SQL
- Cloud Solution Architecture
- Object Oriented Programming
- Design Patterns, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Test Automation Framework
- DevOps Infrastructure and Tools
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Software Engineering View 109 other Bachelors in Software Engineering in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Good command of English language
- High school diploma or equivalent from an approved government of applicant's home country, or applicant is minimum 19 years of age
- Students are required to bring their own computers to class
English Language Requirements:
Applicant must attain one of the following English language requirements:
- Successful completion of CCTB EAP (English for Academic Purposes) Level 4 or
- Have the required IELTS 5.5 score or equivalent or
- Pass the CCTB English Assessment (Written onsite or online with exam proctor)"
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13050 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 CAD for the full programme during 16 months.
National13050 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 CAD for the full programme during 16 months.
- Domestic: $17,400 - after scholarship: $12,500
- International: $17,400 - after scholarship: $15,400
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.