The use of modern technology has transformed also agriculture. Nowadays, concepts like sustainability and protection of the environment are closely linked to growing crops and food production.
The agricultural sector requires a type of knowledge that goes beyond the borders of individual disciplines and constant professional development in order to keep up to date with the latest developments in the field.
In the third year of Agricultural, Food and Mountain Environmental Sciences at Free University of Bozen-Bolzano you will specialise in one of the following fields according to the chosen path:
- Agricultural Production
- Management of the Mountain Environment
- Food Sciences
Our graduates find work in the fields of crop production, cattle breeding or management of forests and green areas in mountain territories. They also work in business/technical management or consulting in agribusiness companies, sustainable management of forests, protection of the land and planning of mountain territories, quality certification, management and safety assessment of agricultural machinery and marketing or processing and distribution of food products.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics and Applied Statistics
- Agribusiness Administration and Finance
- Principles of Tree Cultivation
- Agricultural Machinery
- Soil Chemistry and Fertility
- Entomology and Phytopathology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Bird Application 01/03 - 28/04 (by noon local time)
- Late Application 19/05 - 08/07 (by noon local time)
- Late session: Opened if there are available study places, only for people who already have the required language requirements: 01 - 11/10 (by noon local time)
DisciplinesFood Sciences Agriculture Environmental Sciences View 3 other Bachelors in Food Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To gain admission to the programme you need one of the following qualifications:
- a secondary school leaving certificate (Italian system)
- equivalent qualification obtained abroad.
Foreign school leaving certificates are considered equivalent if obtained after 12 years of education. In this case, you furthermore must have attended at least the last two years in the foreign school system (e.g. Irish Leaving Certificate: it is not enough to attend one year and obtain the foreign certificate).The Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research has set specific admission requirements for holders of certain certificates (e.g. American high school diplomas, British and Greek certificates).
Entry level (to gain admission)
- 1st language: B2
- 2nd language: B2
- 3rd language: no level required
Exit level (to graduate)
- 1st language: C1
- 2nd language: C1
- 3rd language: B2
International748 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 748 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA748 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 748 EUR per year during 36 months.
- 1st instalment (€ 448.50)*: includes the provincial tax for the right to study of € 148.50 and a revenue stamp of € 16.
- 2nd instalment (€ 300): must be paid by 31 March
Living costs for Bolzano - Bozen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.