Graduates of the Creative Arts and Culture and Education (Honours) (Music) programme at The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) will become competent music teachers in Hong Kong and possess the ability to work in a broad range of positions such as curators for art museums, galleries and music centres; administrators of arts-and-cultural related organisations; researchers in cultural studies and musicians; and arts educators.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Graduates of the programme will be creative and disciplined thinkers, fluent in written, oral and music communication. With professional enthusiasm, students are equipped with specialised subject knowledge, contemporary teaching strategies and skills in curriculum planning for Music education in both primary and secondary schools. Furthermore, the Internship programme will train students to become cultural expertise who have interdisciplinary knowledge in cross-arts issues and management. Future job/advanced study opportunities are numerous. Our graduates will possess the following qualifications and job/study opportunities:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in primary or secondary schools in Hong Kong subject to the decision of the Education Bureau (EDB);
- Ability to work competently in a broad range of positions such as curators for art museums and galleries, administrators of arts organisations, researchers in cultural studies, musicians, and art educators; and
- Eligibility to pursue local and overseas higher degree level programmes in education and creative arts disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
On completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in Music, related academic competencies, and Music teaching practices to meet their future arts and cultural related career needs;
- have a passion for professional excellence and are committed to lifelong learning;
- work collaboratively and ethically with students, parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals to promote Music and related arts education in the primary/secondary school and community; and
- work across a range of established arts forms and contribute to the promotion and development of the arts and arts education in the local, regional and international cultural and creative industries.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Music Art Education
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are normally required to complete Grade 12 studies on a full-time basis in high school and they may also need to fulfill the language requirements and/or programme specific requirements.
- Due to quota limit, applicants having satisfied the University's entrance requirements will be considered for admission on a competitive basis. Eligible applicants will be requested to attend interviews for further assessment. Holding minimum requirement does not guarantee admission to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16066 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16066 EUR per year during 60 months.
National4832 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4832 EUR per year during 60 months.
- Local Students: HK$42,100 per annum
- Non-local Students: HK$140,000 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.