- are caring, competent and creative professionals;
- demonstrate the disciplinary as well as interdisciplinary knowledge, understanding and disposition required to design, implement and assess quality programmes for children from 0 to 8 years of age;
- can work collaboratively with children, parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals to address the needs of children and contribute to sustainable development of society;
- are committed to lifelong learning; and
- have a passion for excellence and are committed to the creative improvement of early childhood care and education in Hong Kong.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Graduates of the programme:
- will be qualified for registration with the Education Bureau / Social Welfare Department to teach in licensed early childhood settings in Hong Kong;
- will possess the degree-level professional qualification that is in great demand in the early childhood education sector;
- will have the ability to work competently in a broad range of positions that involve working with children and families; and
- may teach in early childhood settings overseas, subject to the registration requirements of the relevant local authorities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In this domain, students focus on early childhood studies, which encompass the foundations of child and family studies and knowledge of the care, nurturing, and education of children from birth to eight years of age.
- Education Studies
Education Studies gives students the chance to study teaching and learning from an interdisciplinary perspective. Students will study early childhood/school education from psychological, sociological, philosophical, pedagogical and other perspectives. Students will develop a range of skills necessary for professional practice, such as problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, communication, social interaction, ethical decision making and global perspectives.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 4 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in Hong Kong (SAR)
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) and/or in Hong Kong (SAR), please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants are normally required to complete Grade 12 studies on a full-time basis in high school and they may also need to fulfill the language requirements and/or programme specific requirements.
- Due to quota limit, applicants having satisfied the University's entrance requirements will be considered for admission on a competitive basis. Eligible applicants will be requested to attend interviews for further assessment. Holding minimum requirement does not guarantee admission to the University.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16066 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16066 EUR per year during 60 months.
National4832 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4832 EUR per year during 60 months.
- Local Students: HK$42,100 per annum
- Non-local Students: HK$140,000 per annum
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.