- BA Curating with Politics at the University of Essex offers a multidisciplinary foundation in the histories and theories of art, curating, heritage studies, and politics. You will learn the intellectual and practical skills you need to realise your career ambitions, combining classroom-based learning with hands-on experience in museums and galleries.
- You will also learn about the history and theory of exhibition design, with a particular emphasis on how curatorial choices shape our experiences while viewing artworks and the other objects on display in museums and galleries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Collect, Curate, Display: A Short History of the Museum
- Art and Ideas: I
- Writing and Researching Art History
- Skills for University Studies
- Introduction to Politics
- Art, Sex and Death (optional)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Museum Studies Political Science View 749 other Bachelors in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A-levels: BBB
- BTEC: DDM, depending on subject studied - advice on acceptability can be provided.
- IB: 30 points or three Higher Level certificates with 555.
- We are also happy to consider a combination of separate IB Diploma Programmes at both Higher and Standard Level. Exact offer levels will vary depending on the range of subjects being taken at higher and standard level, and the course applied for. Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for more information.
- Access to HE Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits at Merit or above
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16850 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.